[tabs style=”default”] [tab title=”Summary“]
A look at the life of a schoolmaster at a fictional boys school in England at the turn of the 20th century.
[/tab] [tab title=”Review“]
James Hilton’s masterful prose meanders through the life and memory of Mr. Chips, a schoolmaster in a fictional English boys prepartory school. The book is a short read about an ordinary man living an ordinary life. And yet, it is through all of this uneventfulness the man becomes extradorinary.
[/tab] [tab title=”Details“][unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- Author: James Hilton
- Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (July 14, 2004)
- Reading Age:
- Mass Market Papeback: 144 pages
[/unordered_list] [/tab] [/tabs]
What You Need to Know
- Role Models/Authority Figures – Mr. Chips!
- Violence – Some talk of mild pranks the boys play on each other.
- Sexual Content – None.
- Language – None.
- Consumerism – None.
- Drinking/Smoking/Drugs – None.
- Religion – None. There is no mention of religion.
- Other – None.
- Awards – None.